Season 7

NHL 15/360 League - XoHL Signups

GRHL Season Awards!

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Collapse column Collapse column

Users online -

4 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 4.
Most Online Ever: 100 (May 04, 2014, 08:16:50 PM)

Amazon -

Personal Menu -

Hi, Guest

Login and Logout -

- GamingRendo ChatBox

Poll

Read below post before voting

NHL 15 on Xbox One
NHL 15 on Xbox 360
NHL 14 on Xbox 360
Other - Describe in post
NHL 15 on PS4

Author Topic: NHL 15 ?  (Read 6032 times)

fluxay

Re: NHL 15 ?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2014, 09:20:09 AM »
My personal opinion, is the decision that grately benefits the players and community is the one that needs to be made.  If that requires restructuring with executives/players/league, than so be it.

If I was in the market for a PS4/Xbox One, I still I am not 100% certain which route I would take.  While I can't make this purchase  right now, I know that it doesn't make sense to vote for something that only satisfies my needs.  It's the end of an era my friends.  The adoption and transition phase is always the toughest, but I feel there will be many more improvements to be gained.

Hell, just think of all the league media that can be captured, highlights, replays, game vids etc.  Should be awesome for those that can do it.  Hopefully NHL 15 does not disappoint.

Spoiler (hover to show)

NJ Tyrant

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 09:34:05 AM »
While I plan to purchase the XB1 at some point, I don't know if it will happen in 2014. This puts me in a tough position as I would like to continue running the league and playing in it as well. It appears that it may be best for me to take a hiatus and join in 2015.

Option 1 is best for the league.
Option 3 suits my situations.
NJ Tyrant - Goalie
Spoiler (hover to show)

dirtymike7

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2014, 11:41:20 AM »
:(

FatalError78

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2014, 01:44:01 PM »
It all comes down to money. I would like to stay on the 360 and get NHL 15 but I know the majority want Xbox One with NHL 15 which is an option I don't have.  If they move forward, then fine, but it would make this my first, and last season.  Like Nell posted above, if the world were perfect and made from some chocolate product then everyone would have an Xbox One, but sadly it isn't.  For me, I have children to take care of first. I say wait till late this year/ beginning of next year to start a xb1 league, or commerate with a new years day opener. I also cannot justify buying a next gen console just for NHL 15 (14.2). It will be a difficult decision but I believe more time needs to be given before making any kind of final verdict

Nell

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2014, 01:50:40 PM »
It all comes down to money. I would like to stay on the 360 and get NHL 15 but I know the majority want Xbox One with NHL 15 which is an option I don't have.  If they move forward, then fine, but it would make this my first, and last season.  Like Nell posted above, if the world were perfect and made from some chocolate product then everyone would have an Xbox One, but sadly it isn't.  For me, I have children to take care of first. I say wait till late this year/ beginning of next year to start a xb1 league, or commerate with a new years day opener. I also cannot justify buying a next gen console just for NHL 15 (14.2). It will be a difficult decision but I believe more time needs to be given before making any kind of final verdict

OMG we agree on something?  Something strange is going on in the universe lmao...

Yeah, cannot justify buying an XB1 or two when Christmas is just around the corner.

On the other hand, if I were to call myself a psychic - my prediction would be: "We'll be moving to XB1 with NHL15 - we'll wind up with one machine and a shoestring budget.  I'll take the season off and just 'run things' behind the scenes."

Jarreaux

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2014, 02:23:03 PM »
While I do plan on buying an Xbox One in a few months, I feel like we can stand to take a step back and just play 14 on the 360 for a season or, if it comes to it, two.  I think attendance will be higher than if we move consoles, especially in the Executive department.  A player can turn into an owner in an off-season, but relying on 3-4 people to do the jobs of 7 is a little much.

Soccerjrc18

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2014, 03:39:44 PM »
Xbox One is losing pretty badly that they literally had to take back all the bullshit they have fed us. Playstation 4 is clearly the way to upgrade if you are going to upgrade at all. I don't know if you guys watch E3, but Microsoft still got their asses kicked for a second time by Sony.
2x GRHL Stanley Cup winner
2x Vezina Trophy winner
1x William M. Jennnings Trophy winner shared with DrGhonzo
1x GRHL Foundation Trophy winner (Joey Caldiero)

copy guy bri

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2014, 03:47:48 PM »
Xbox One is losing pretty badly that they literally had to take back all the bullshit they have fed us. Playstation 4 is clearly the way to upgrade if you are going to upgrade at all. I don't know if you guys watch E3, but Microsoft still got their asses kicked for a second time by Sony.

So go to ps4. I got my one for free so I'm not gonna buy nhl 15 on 360. I will however be here to help and or play if it's 14 on 360.
[/URL]

emraith

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2014, 04:26:39 PM »

in what way is ps4 drastically different from xbox one? its a console. majority of the game are going to play teh same. There are a few exclusives on each side, but overall, theyre pretty much the same damn thing

I got a xbox for the main reason that i absolutely hate the feel of playstation controllers. that was the biggest deciding factor to me...

jimfromfiles

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2014, 05:25:06 PM »
If life were made of rainbows and chocolate odds are choice #1 would be the obvious way to go.  That is clearly where we would like to see our future as a league.

Unfortunately running a website like this doesn't exactly make for a league in which you're 'rolling in extra cash' to ensure every executive and player has an XB1 handy.  As it stands Rendo and I would BOTH need to purchase one. 

That's XB1x2.  That's a lot of money.

OR You and Rendo only buy 1 XB1 and share it, Saves money until you can buy another and for any execs that dont make the jump to NHL 15 on the X1 im sure you can find few people that will be an exec in replacement until they do.

I believe at this moment we have approached the only group of people we would like to bring on as Executives in any way.  If anything we're always looking for more reliable Owners who can stick it out for a season without causing a ruckus or quitting.

We more than likely WILL get one XB1, that still does not make for very conducive league gaming.  Cannot guarantee we will have a machine in time for the game release either.

Dont have to have an XB1 right away, When NHL 14 came out you guys gave us some time to get our cards up, So really you dont need one until October, Im just affraid that if you dont switch this league will die out. Also I still want to own here and if you are not on the xbox one I will be unable to do so :/

i think this statement is a better argument for option 3 than option 1. I have no problem playing nhl 14 league but then casually leveling up my guy in 15 on xb1. In fact I'd prefer it because im not gonna be gaming all day just to reach legend 1 in 2 weeks. I think everyones' thinking here is that the league must conform to what they wanna do and they arent prepared to change what they want for the benefit of the league. I believe having 1 more season that goes until after christmas is the best compromise and most fair to the league and to players in all situations.

Soccerjrc18

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2014, 05:44:31 PM »

in what way is ps4 drastically different from xbox one? its a console. majority of the game are going to play teh same. There are a few exclusives on each side, but overall, theyre pretty much the same damn thing

I got a xbox for the main reason that i absolutely hate the feel of playstation controllers. that was the biggest deciding factor to me...

First off Playstation switched their controller this time around. The R2 and L2 are triggers now which pretty much matches the xbox controller. The exclusives are dead on Xbox one for the most part. Dead rising has been said to be coming to playstation and Titan fall was already a fail as the 2nd one will be coming to playstation 4. The only exclusive Microsoft has left that is a big name is Halo. Halo is also a dying and almost buried franchise. Everything is starting to go Sony's way in terms of exclusive ps4 content as well as things being on playstation first that goes to both consoles. In terms of 360 vs. Ps3 the Ps3 wasn't really that great compared to 360. The ps4 is the more advance game system of this era. Xbox focused too much on making it an entertainment system. Ps4 also is advanced enough to give that big fuck you to Xbox One. During the conference they said you can import your GTA V data from a ps3 or Xbox 360. The Xbox one can't even do that. While GTA may not be a game you guys like or something, it will also be giving you a lot more stuff on Ps4. Xbox One is the same game pretty much.

I just don't get how majority still care for Microsoft. The fact that so many are going to that system in LG blows my mind. It seems like a lot of people want the xbox one just because hockey leagues are going that way. In no way is the Xbox one even worth getting over the ps4 unless you get it for free like Copy. I'm not even being a fan boy because after my ps2 era I switched to 360. It was the better console. Now Sony has risen up again. I just don't get how you can blame a controller which Sony has fixed for the ps4. I was hearing Xbox one had stupid controllers or something and they already had to change them or something. I could be wrong, but the Xbox just isn't doing anybody any favors right now. The fact that 360 seems to be a better choice than the one is funny.
2x GRHL Stanley Cup winner
2x Vezina Trophy winner
1x William M. Jennnings Trophy winner shared with DrGhonzo
1x GRHL Foundation Trophy winner (Joey Caldiero)

Jarreaux

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2014, 07:06:56 PM »
The fact that 360 seems to be a better choice than the one is funny.

Or there's the matter of money in which everyone can't just pony up $460 at the drop of a hat, and not that the One is any worse than the PS4.

Habfan5693

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2014, 08:28:29 PM »
If you dont move to the Xbox 1 for NHL 15 then I would be owner again if you did another season or 2 on NHL 14 on the 360, I just want to continue to play in this league and keep it alive
GRHL Fwd Stats:
GP: 136  | G: 130  | A: 126  | PTS: 256  | -13

GRHL G Stats
Wins: 8 l Losses: 3 l OTL: 1 l Save %: 85.9 l GAA: 2.03

BKHL Season Stats
W: 19 l L: 9 l OTL: 5 l GF: 86 l GA: 78

BKHL Playoff Stats
W: 3 l L: 3 l GF: 22 l GA: 13

jimfromfiles

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2014, 09:45:38 PM »
this is not a console war thread

TK

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2014, 02:00:38 AM »
You're right Jim,  but soccer lives for making everything a debate.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

EoC Schedule -

S7 Preseason
Mon @ 11PM
NJ Tyrant & Krnsdad(A)
Tue @ 10PM
Krnsdad & NJ Tyrant(A)
Tue @ 11PM
Krnsdad & NJ Tyrant(A)
Wed @ 10PM
GamingRendo & Fluxay(A)
Wed @ 11PM
GamingRendo & Fluxay(A)
Thu @ 10PM
copyguybri & NellDBI(A)
Thu @ 11PM
copyguybri & NellDBI(A)

Reminder:
ECU Requests must be sent
to both Executives on call.

BoD List -

EAST
Boston Bruins
Owner: Tcx6plus1
GM:

New York Rangers
Owner: Kastor N Pollux
GM:

Pittsburgh
Owner: I2I SNOOPY I3I
GM:  

Tampa Bay
Owner: xwantedxcanuck
GM:  

Toronto Maple Leafs
Owner: shady5545
GM:

WEST
Anaheim Ducks
Owner: Frazier4Heisman
GM:

Calgary
Owner: jaxsonpride
GM:

Colorodo Avalanche
Owner: Jewbawwka
GM:

Dallas
Owner: Habfan5693
GM:

Los Angeles
Owner: Jarreaux
GM:

Raffle News -

GRHL Facebook Raffle Winners - 3rd Place - Miz3da5reaper0 ($10 Gift Card & 250 Tokens) - 2nd Place - honoitsdanglerqc ($10 Gift Card & 250 Tokens) - 1st Place - MadeOfTwoFaces ($20 Gift Card & 500 Tokens)

Calendar -

May 2017
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31