Season 7

NHL 15/360 League - XoHL Signups

GRHL Season Awards!

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Collapse column Collapse column

Users online -

9 Guests, 0 Users

Most Online Today: 8.
Most Online Ever: 100 (May 04, 2014, 08:16:50 PM)

Amazon -

Personal Menu -

Hi, Guest

Login and Logout -

- GamingRendo ChatBox

Poll

Read below post before voting

NHL 15 on Xbox One
NHL 15 on Xbox 360
NHL 14 on Xbox 360
Other - Describe in post
NHL 15 on PS4

Author Topic: NHL 15 ?  (Read 6310 times)

emraith

NHL 15 ?
« on: June 12, 2014, 02:19:59 PM »
We're at the point where we should start getting a feel for what everyones plans are for NHL 15.

1) League moves to Xbox one - Will just say from an exec point, fairly unlikely this is going to happen, at least right away
2) League stays on Xbox 360, but moves to NHL 15
3) League stays on Xbox 360, keeps playing NHL 14 instead of buying 15 for 360. At some point in the future(after christmas?) we could re-evaluate and possibly move to Xbox One at that point

emraith

Re: NHL 15 ?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 02:26:56 PM »
I'm voting for option 3, I would like to play NHL 15 on xbox one, but i know this isn't an option for a lot of people. Either not having a system yet, or not wanting to buy one for very few games at this point. Going with this option of continuing in NHL 14 would allow those that have an Xbox one to buy NHL 15 for it, and not need to buy anything to remaining playing in the league. Again, at some point in the future, this could be re-evaluated to see if it would be worthwhile to move to xb1 later

jimfromfiles

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 04:31:24 PM »
i voted for 1 but i think option 3 would be better if not enough people have 15 for xboner. specially since nhl 15 on 360 will be nhl 14.2

Miz3da5reaper0

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 05:17:51 PM »
If the league is not moving to Xbox 1 then I see no reason to get nhl 15 for 360. It makes no sense to do a half upgrade to 15. The community should determine whether or not the league changes systems. Maybe a poll in the future on how many people have Xbox 1 or plans on getting it for nhl 15 can help getting those numbers.
I would probably only get both if they do the upgrade deals but it really depends on how the league will go
GRHL Season 5-7 RW/utility #2 - Currently Toronto Maple Leafs
                                        Career-GP-43   G-27  A-36   Hits-330+
|\            /|        ||   =====
|  \ BA  /  | ZIN || GA  //
|    \    /    |        ||     //
|      \/      |        ||   =====

RejectedRapier

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 06:04:56 PM »
its either one or none for me
If you didn't know, Rapier is bad!
58 gp 65g 77a 142p

Habfan5693

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 06:25:10 PM »
Xbox One is the way to go, Its already leading in votes, Even if we have to go from 10 teams to 6 or 8 for the first season its worth the jump, LG and UOHL are making the jump so there will be plenty of people playing league so why not join them. NHL 15 for the Xbox 1 features so much more then the 360 version, If you buy the 360 version its basically just a roster update and new voices and sure maybe some new physics. If you want to keep this league alive as I very much do then Xbox 1 is the way to go.
GRHL Fwd Stats:
GP: 136  | G: 130  | A: 126  | PTS: 256  | -13

GRHL G Stats
Wins: 8 l Losses: 3 l OTL: 1 l Save %: 85.9 l GAA: 2.03

BKHL Season Stats
W: 19 l L: 9 l OTL: 5 l GF: 86 l GA: 78

BKHL Playoff Stats
W: 3 l L: 3 l GF: 22 l GA: 13

Nell

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 07:46:06 PM »
If life were made of rainbows and chocolate odds are choice #1 would be the obvious way to go.  That is clearly where we would like to see our future as a league.

Unfortunately running a website like this doesn't exactly make for a league in which you're 'rolling in extra cash' to ensure every executive and player has an XB1 handy.  As it stands Rendo and I would BOTH need to purchase one. 

That's XB1x2.  That's a lot of money.

Habfan5693

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 08:38:44 PM »
If life were made of rainbows and chocolate odds are choice #1 would be the obvious way to go.  That is clearly where we would like to see our future as a league.

Unfortunately running a website like this doesn't exactly make for a league in which you're 'rolling in extra cash' to ensure every executive and player has an XB1 handy.  As it stands Rendo and I would BOTH need to purchase one. 

OR You and Rendo only buy 1 XB1 and share it, Saves money until you can buy another and for any execs that dont make the jump to NHL 15 on the X1 im sure you can find few people that will be an exec in replacement until they do.
GRHL Fwd Stats:

GRHL G Stats

BKHL Season Stats

BKHL Playoff Stats

MadeOfTwoFaces

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 08:46:31 PM »
I'll throw my 3 cents in.

1) People who have an Xbox One aren't going to get NHL 15 for the 360, and most likely won't stick to 14 when 15 comes out. A lot of people trade in the previous version as soon as their seasons end before its trade in value gets destroyed towards the newer one.

2) A lot of the other NHL leagues that people participate in alongside GRHL are upping to the One, if GRHL is the only one left behind it will quickly lose a lot of members that are in other leagues.

3) Most people will be getting an Xbox One soon, no? It's the cheapest Next Gen console and the graphics and gameplay compared to the older systems is a lot better.

Nell, to address your issues with the 2 Xbox Ones you could set up the availability between you and Rendo to 50/50 the days available and whatever games you guys are both no scheduled for, split that time doing Exec duties until such point that you both grab the XbOne. Granted, it won't be the most efficient way for the both of you but it would work.

Nell

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 08:54:18 PM »

OR You and Rendo only buy 1 XB1 and share it, Saves money until you can buy another and for any execs that dont make the jump to NHL 15 on the X1 im sure you can find few people that will be an exec in replacement until they do.

I believe at this moment we have approached the only group of people we would like to bring on as Executives in any way.  If anything we're always looking for more reliable Owners who can stick it out for a season without causing a ruckus or quitting.

We more than likely WILL get one XB1, that still does not make for very conducive league gaming.  Cannot guarantee we will have a machine in time for the game release either.

xSEBBYx13x

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 09:10:51 PM »
Sadly, this will probably be my last season in ALL leagues. Unlike everyone, I am not rolling in the extra cash. Life has alot of duties & reponsabilities... and especially for a person who is unable to work and is on physical disability, like me... we do not have an extra 450$ lying around under a matress somewhere, or we don't live in our parents' basement which they will end up buying it for us anyways. I'll either have to try & find a league that still runs on the 360 for an extra year... or then i'll have to hang up my virtual skates.

Best of luck to everyone in their online careers, it's been fun!!

Habfan5693

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 09:22:35 PM »

I believe at this moment we have approached the only group of people we would like to bring on as Executives in any way.  If anything we're always looking for more reliable Owners who can stick it out for a season without causing a ruckus or quitting.

We more than likely WILL get one XB1, that still does not make for very conducive league gaming.  Cannot guarantee we will have a machine in time for the game release either.

Dont have to have an XB1 right away, When NHL 14 came out you guys gave us some time to get our cards up, So really you dont need one until October, Im just affraid that if you dont switch this league will die out. Also I still want to own here and if you are not on the xbox one I will be unable to do so :/
GRHL Fwd Stats:

GRHL G Stats

BKHL Season Stats

BKHL Playoff Stats

GamingRendo

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 09:30:44 PM »
If we can get some commitments from current Owners/other Owners for NHL 15 on Xbox One it can be an easier decision on Nell and I's end.  We'd only have a single One though and she'd likely step aside for the season because it's too much hassle trying to work around a single machine (EOC for example).

I also kind've want a WiiU more than a One.  Lot of huge games coming out, though most aren't until next year.  NHL drives me nuts every year, might be nice to not have to deal with being EAed for a bit. :P

Habfan5693

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 09:41:31 PM »
If we can get some commitments from current Owners/other Owners for NHL 15 on Xbox One it can be an easier decision on Nell and I's end.  We'd only have a single One though and she'd likely step aside for the season because it's too much hassle trying to work around a single machine (EOC for example).

I also kind've want a WiiU more than a One.  Lot of huge games coming out, though most aren't until next year.  NHL drives me nuts every year, might be nice to not have to deal with being EAed for a bit. :P

Well you know I would own, Im sure you could find at least 5 others
GRHL Fwd Stats:

GRHL G Stats

BKHL Season Stats

BKHL Playoff Stats

x Bad At Life x

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 10:52:02 PM »
I'm not getting a One or PS4 so I'd obviously prefer option 2 or 3. With that being said, you have to make a move that is best for the future of the league here.

EoC Schedule -

S7 Preseason
Mon @ 11PM
NJ Tyrant & Krnsdad(A)
Tue @ 10PM
Krnsdad & NJ Tyrant(A)
Tue @ 11PM
Krnsdad & NJ Tyrant(A)
Wed @ 10PM
GamingRendo & Fluxay(A)
Wed @ 11PM
GamingRendo & Fluxay(A)
Thu @ 10PM
copyguybri & NellDBI(A)
Thu @ 11PM
copyguybri & NellDBI(A)

Reminder:
ECU Requests must be sent
to both Executives on call.

BoD List -

EAST
Boston Bruins
Owner: Tcx6plus1
GM:

New York Rangers
Owner: Kastor N Pollux
GM:

Pittsburgh
Owner: I2I SNOOPY I3I
GM:  

Tampa Bay
Owner: xwantedxcanuck
GM:  

Toronto Maple Leafs
Owner: shady5545
GM:

WEST
Anaheim Ducks
Owner: Frazier4Heisman
GM:

Calgary
Owner: jaxsonpride
GM:

Colorodo Avalanche
Owner: Jewbawwka
GM:

Dallas
Owner: Habfan5693
GM:

Los Angeles
Owner: Jarreaux
GM:

Raffle News -

GRHL Facebook Raffle Winners - 3rd Place - Miz3da5reaper0 ($10 Gift Card & 250 Tokens) - 2nd Place - honoitsdanglerqc ($10 Gift Card & 250 Tokens) - 1st Place - MadeOfTwoFaces ($20 Gift Card & 500 Tokens)

Calendar -

September 2017
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30